Hey, peeps! Well, we all are starting with New Year and a lot of us has made a lot many resolutions too. Well, do you think to make so many resolutions will help you to follow them up? Do we really practice them daily? No! If you ask me then I don’t! Making resolutions and sticking to them for a day and two and sometimes even for a week is much of a thing. You really need to struggle a lot to keep up! But I am here with a new motive this year. And it is to stick to my resolution until the 31st day of December this year. Well, I thought a lot, that how am I going to do this and I ended up with this simple thing. Just replace the word ‘resolution’ with ‘plan’. We all are fond of planning and plotting, we can waste our hours in just planning, like remember how you planned that solo trip to some mountain and you end up not going there and you credited so many hours to that planning. Secondly, you need to bribe yourself to accomplish those plans, in simple words, start motivating yourself. Light up your life little bit, if you went on that solo trip and accomplished it then treat yourself with some spa or some other token. And peeps if you are still unable to stick to your goals than start figuring out the loopholes in them see where you are going wrong and start focusing on those activities to make it possible.
Now the question arises is what kind of New Year plans one should work on. It’s really hard to make that to-do list for the whole complete year. And sometimes you may worry what if you are going to miss out something.
So here I come to help you out with that long and most time-consuming list!
- Put on your creative shoes
You need to explore your creativity. There are many creative pockets which are zipped up, you have to unzip them and start working on them. Each one of us has some sort of hobby to work upon. Start exploring your hobbies. Learn a new hobby each month, exploring your hobby will make you more focused on your new skill and as it will be of your interest so you will look forward in exploring a new hobby each month and it will motivate you to practice it daily too. You now pull up your creative socks and start working on it. Your plan is to learn something new and fruitful this 2018.
- Incorporate a new habit
There are 12 months in a year and you are fully aware that you are not at all perfect. And there is no limit to working for perfection; you never know when you can achieve it! Adopt a new habit every month. Did it ring a bell that you will get to know 12 whole new things in this 2018! Starting from having those slow mornings to getting to bed after reading 10 pages, well it will all make senses to you when you’ll start practicing it. Sticking to new habits it’s the toughest task and here comes the solution to it:
- Get a bullet journal to get organized.
- Create vision boards.
- Give a token of appreciation to yourself.
- Write down
- Put that experience box at priority
Yes! That experience box, we all should be open to new experiences in our daily lives. You have to prioritize your list. Every experience counts and so you should give a try to everything. The more you experience the more you dive into the sea of exploration. Become open to new ideas, expand your horizons. You must be wondering how you can?
- Volunteer; you can volunteer at various places and such volunteering will give you a lot of other experience which are worth lifetime. And the world needs a lot of helping hands out there.
- Something that scares you; we all fear from many things in our life. Make a list of them and let’s work on them and let’s get rid of those fears. A fearful life is never worth living.
- Control finance
You should have a hold on your money. Use it wisely. Your cupboard doesn’t need everything and everything expensive is not best for you. You can work on your finance and save that money for something worthy and something that will give lifetime nourishment. You already have that plenty of stuff which you don’t need and getting rid of it will make you add value to your lifestyle. And the minimalist you go the happier you will be. How you can save:
- Declutter; get rid of the things you don’t need. Starts practicing donating your stuff to the people who are in need and trust me this will make you feel good and refreshing at the same time. And it will take a little of your time. Give 15mins a week and declutter your life.
- Budgeting; note down your daily expenses and monitor them. Gradually you will end up noticing the loopholes of where you are draining your money unnecessarily.
- Invest in yourself
You are living a beautiful life and this life is worth your attention. You are learning new skills, you will be focusing on your hobbies and you will gradually develop new habits too. Let’s start this basic activity also this year. Let’s start valuing your life.
- Dress up; those clothes in your wardrobe will look better on you too. Style them, wear them and make yourself look good, make yourself go presentable.
- Write a letter to yourself; even you need some gratitude in your life. Write a love letter to yourself and show some gratitude to yourself. This will make you feel good and motivating.
- Practice yoga; I’ll not mention this for your flexibility. But I am mentioning this for your concentration and for your peace of mind. What is important is your peace of mind and you have t stay focus on it. It’s important buddy!
- Practice mindfulness; as I mentioned above, you have a beautiful life. And now that life requires all your attention. This year just stay in the present moment. Block all the distracting agents and all the things which are making you unable to concentrate. Stay in the moment!
- Reach out to someone you admire
I caught your back! I have a lot of people whom I admire a lot, whether you talk about a person who is doing college and working parallel or you talk about the person who is doing 8hrs of college and then excelling his interests and then acquiring a new skill, I admire them. I can reach out to them and tell them this loud and clear. So buddy! Reach out to those people and tell them they are great, maybe you end up making their day.
- Learn new skill
You have a short life and long list to accomplish. Learn and learn more. You can acquire a new skill every month. And this will control your mood swings too. Hey girls! This will make you happy. Try this out.
- Get into nature
On every birthday, I use to plant a small sapling. I loved this habit of mine. Even you can try out this. It’s a great help to the nature and your nurturance will make you grow more productively in this environment. Get your heads out from that Netflix and look around how much wonderful does this planet looks, this nature also needs your attention.
- Create a workplace
Sometimes it’s frustrating to work in that clumsy and untidy area. You have got so much distraction there. Your workplace needs a tidy and clean setup, so that you can focus and concentrate. Clean the mess and get started!
Eat healthily! Let’s make this 2018 a healthy year, let’s dump the junk and start with those healthy dietary habits. Providing proper diet to your body not only makes you healthy but efficient and effective too. You will more boost up and energetic to your work schedule.
Write down those ideas or your imaginary stories on a paper. When you give words to your imagination you will come to conclude whether it requires your attention and time or not? Penning your words down helps a person in many ways from clearing your minds mess to increasing your concentrations, it helps in all. So this 2018 start writing your imaginative cookery tales.
Last! But certainly a priority. Travel as much as you can. You have to take every possible trip you can, whether it’s a solo trip or a group one. You need to pack your bag and travel. Travelling helps a person find many things in life. It’s a great treasure to know oneself. When you travel, you become aware of lot many things happening to your life. You explore every inch of yourself. So travel and travel a lot.
These were the twelve things you can plan for your 2018 and make it a success. Remember it’s just a plan to initiate in our life and we can make it happen. New year resolutions aren’t that tough, they are so that we can differentiate from our today self to tomorrow self. These were the few I have listed. Let me know your new resolutions or the new year plans in the comment section! Happy 2018 peeps!
Posted image via Pinterest.